Sunday, April 22, 2012

Scat Cat

Scat Cat




Are cats a problem for you. Here are a few ideas I used then some others told me to use. Some of these may be harmful to plants and animals. I hope they work better for you than they have worked for me.



Check with your local vet and city ordinance to insure this is lawful and will not harm animals and plants.



Scatter citrus peel around your yard to keep stray cats away. Didn’t work for me.



Sprinkle cayenne pepper, chili pepper, coffee grounds, tealeaves or pipe tobacco around the area where you don’t wish to have cats visit. The only one I didn’t use was the tobacco and they didn’t work.



Spray lavender oil, eucalyptus oil or mustard oil around to deter cats.



Scatter pinecones or rose clippings in areas where cats like to hang out. They will get a prickly surprise and stay away. At one time I had pinecones in the yard and the cats used them as a bed. They also curl up in my roses.



Buy a commercial cat repellent and scatter or spray around. I used Havahart Critter Ridder that was supposed to last up to 30 days. Didn’t work at all for me.



Install a motion sensor sprinkler.



Purchase and install an electronic sound cat repellent.



Place sticks around the area stuck up and out to keep them away. Didn’t work for me they just shove the sticks over.



Plant a coleus-Canine plant and pennyroyal plant.



Put down chicken wire.



Plant green onions, rosemary and lavender. I did and it didn’t do any good.



Plant geraniums. They like to sit in the geraniums I planted.



Put a scat cat with reflective eyes to scare the cat away from your yard. Oh really!



Place dishes of vinegar around the yard. OK but don’t let it get dumped out or it will kill your plants. And the cats sniff it and move over about a foot away from it.



Call the local Animal Control to pick up the pesky cats. If you red my past blog’s you know what happened when I called them.

Call the Health Department and let them know it is making you sick.



Mix rosemary and water and spray down the yard and spray the cats.



Plant: taxonomy, Nepetax faassenii, peppermint, spearmint, lemongrass, tansy, geranium, rue (rut Gaveolens), lavender, garlic, onions, thyme.









No comments: