Monday, October 5, 2015

Grandma Diann's Pancakes

Grandma Diann's Pancakes
When I was a little girl my Mother always had to leave early for work so my Father helped us prepare breakfast.  We  often had pancakes and Dad had a good recipe but I changed it a little.  Dad did teach me how to make characters instead of just plain circle pancakes.
When my children were young I had to be at work at four every morning.  I decided to make batter the night before and put it in the refrigerator for them.  I placed the electric griddle on the floor and taught them how to use it with instructions on how not to burn their own skin.
When my grandson was old enough to eat pancakes I would make them for him.  When I would go to visit him or her would come to visit he requested pancakes for breakfast.  He would ask me to make them in the shape of animals, vehicles, and movie characters.  This was such a fun time for us that I started to look for ways to do this with lunch and dinner.
Here is my recipe for pancakes.  I hope it will bring good times to your family.

Grandma Diann's Pancakes

Preparation time: 45 to 65 minutes
Serves: 4 to 6             
1 1/2  Cup Sifted self rising flour
1/4 Cup Sugar
dash salt (optional)
1 Cup Milk
2 eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 Tablespoon butter or margarine" may use cooking oil"

Directions

1.  Mix all ingredients together until smooth.

2.  Heat frying pan that has a little grease or oil.  When drops of water sputter good it is ready to start cooking.

3.  Take the ingredients that have been beat thoroughly and use a large spoon to pour just enough batter into the shape you are making in the center of the pan.

4.  When bubbles appear on the surface and start to pop turn and cook other side until brown.

5.   Re-grease frying pan between each pancake cooked

6.   Serve warm with your favorite topping.

You can always add more milk to make crapes.

No comments: